Early
morning tangles...
Got up at 7:30am feeling exhausted and tired, my maid
just rang the door bell and I uncluttered myself from the tangles of bedsheet,
not knowing where to step out, yawning out loud I looked at the clock and said
"why the hell my maid comes so early".
Cursing her I found my
way to the door and opened . She looked at my face with utter amusement and
anger and probably would be cursing me of taking 3 mins of her precious time
waiting outside the door. I had all sort of excuses of not going out for jog or
work out, I was feeling idle, my head heavy and tiredness running all over my
feet to spine. I had to leave for office by 8:30 am and get ready for a
marathon drive of 25 kms.
Getting
ready for office....
So I quickly took bath,
packed my breakfast, took coffee, hopped into my car and got ready. Reached
office by 10:30 am, yes you heard me right, it took me 2 hrs to reach office
and my boss was freaking mad at me. He looked at me from top to bottom without
uttering a single word and I said nodding my head, got late because of traffic.
He went to his cabin and I finally settled myself . I was about to open my
breakfast when my boss called me for the meeting and yes it was a " SALES
MEETING" . Hurriedly I ate and looked at my DSR(Daily Sales Report) only
to realise that I have not updated it . I did that and went straight to his
cabin and what happened next was history. Scratching my head , I settled down
again to grab a coffee and started calling my prospective clients.
There you go, so I had 2
back to back meetings. Finished one at 1 pm and other at 4pm. I was feeling
hungry and stopped at Mcdonalds to grab a burger. I had my lunch and started
heading to office . Reached office at 5: 30pm. My head was aching by now. So
again I treated myself with a nice hot cappuccino. It was 7pm and I was ready
to leave when suddenly boss called me for a brief call. So finally I left
office at 7: 30pm and reached home at 9:30pm. After settling had my dinner at
10pm and took to bed in no time.
Conclusion....
This
is my daily routine guys. Its been 4 years I am doing this. I have seen my
waistline going from 32 to 36, weight up by 10kgs, receding hairline, I could
get tried very easily and not have proper sleep in the night. I was constantly
looking myself in the mirror to find some solace and there was nobody to be
blamed for my unhealthy lifestyle.
Image
makeover......
Well I used to be a
victim of the aftermath of socio economic pressure until I decided enough is
enough. I cant let my bad habits win over my health and ruin my lifestyle. I
changed my daily routine and inculcated several healthy habits and workout
regimes that include eating proper meals on time, getting up early in the
morning, cutting down on the caffeine intake, enrolled my self in the gym, good
resting period in between . I also made sure I take nutritious food and stop
binging on outside food. Of course my goal was not to become a body builder,
but rather build stamina , endurance and having more fitter, leaner and
stronger body. So I concentrated on doing a mix of
strength training and cardiovascular work out to get in shape.
Choosing
the right Gym.....
My enrolment in the gym
was a major contributor in achieving my goal. A gym is a place where you meet
like minded people and get lot of motivation from your trainers and fellow
partners to push that extra mile and that is exactly I was looking for. Its
very important to have fitness goals and choosing right gym is very important.
Not only they assess your current fitness level and suggest the type of
exercises you need to do but also help you in achieving your goal in the right
and appropriate duration. One major challenge going to gym is to survive the
first few days or weeks as the workout tends to take a toll on the body. You
need enough resting period to recover from muscle pain.
So I went to few gyms ,
talked to their members and trainers and after due consultation decided to join
"APPLE FITNESS".
Lifestyle
redefined....
My daily routine
involves waking up at 6 am, work out for 90 mins in the gym, have breakfast at
home, eat lunch on time in the office, have dinner and go to bed by 11pm. I
strictly cut down on eating out and could see considerable change in my body
and health.
In a years time, I saw
my waistline reducing from 36 to 31, have more fuller, stronger body and above
all a healthy and a strong mind. Now, I don't get tired easily driving
endlessly in the mad traffics and could do things that I never imagined I would
ever be able to do. I could find solace even at the most pressure situation I
face daily either at work or at home. I have become more confident, passionate,
positive and started seeing things differently. Standing in front of the mirror
I see a different person, somebody who is alive and kicking, having a purpose
in life and yes no more compromising and finding excuses.
So guys what are you waiting for. If you are amongst
those who hate to work out, work for long duration, stay late in the office,
bing on unhealthy fast food, sit at a place for hours and see your BMI going
high, then this is the time to push yourself and change your boring ,
monotonous and unhealthy lifestyle to a more compelling, purposeful and
healthier one. Go out , move , jog, walk , lift weights if you can, eat , sleep
and yes dream, dream of becoming what you want to be.
Pretty much everyone endures a similar day in a city like ours. Its great that you could find your balance and take care of the most important thing in life... Health... With good health can we do everything else..!! So keep up your MOJO and have a great life!!
ReplyDelete